Last updated: May 4th, 2018
Man Sys UK Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.man-sys.co.uk website (the “Service”).
How you can block cookies
You were presented with a pop up when you first visited this website to gain your consent for the use of the above cookies. If you change your mind you can revisit this options menu by clicking on the button in the bottom left hand corner. To opt out of our cookies at any time you can also delete the existing cookies within your website browser and reject them upon visiting our site.
Also, you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the website. In particular, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained on it.
By visiting this website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
1. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
Information you give us.This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the website (Site), interacting with the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you sign up to our newsletter service, make an enquiry about our products and services or log a support ticket.
The information you give us will include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, as well as preliminary information about your business.
- Information we collect about you.This is information that we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the Site. It typically involves technical information and is often collected using small data files called “cookies”. This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and also to indicate where the Site requires improvement.
- Information we receive from other sources.This is information that we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share your data.
This also includes information that we receive from third parties, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and so on. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Social Media platforms
We operate social media platforms. These platforms are, in most cases, operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision although they may well conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol.
It is our process and protocol that any personally identifiable data gathered on these platforms is only in response to users interacting out of their own volition with our marketing pages. The contact is deemed as a legitimate business enquiry. The personal contact data is removed from the site once the enquiry is processed or the user has requested so.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. We anonymise this data at the point of collection and automatically delete user and event data that is older than 26 months.
2. Uses made of the information
All information about you that we collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by us in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we, or our selected partners, offer that are similar or relevant to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, such contact will only be made by email or phone from which you can opt out at any time; To notify you about changes to our services;
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the “Where We Store Your Personal Data” section below for more details).
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
3. Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site;
- Third party support services, such as, but not limited to project management tools, accounting systems and hosting data centre.
- Trusted third party data processors, including but not limited to Google and Facebook.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients or others.
- When it is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
All data sent via website forms is passed through a third party relay service and deleted after 30 days.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site; and any such transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Your rights
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent);
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at the address: Man Sys UK, Hope Park Business Centre, Trevor Foster Way, Bradford, BD5 8HH. In some cases, we are permitted to charge a small fee of no more than £10 in respect of our administrative costs.
If you would like to request the information we hold about you under a Subject Access Request (“SAR”) you can download a sample application here.
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact Sue McPherson at the address given above or lodge an official complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website (https://ico.org.uk) or by writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.